We Need Volunteers
In order to make Vessel Beer Festival 2019 a success we need volunteers. In exchange for your effort you will receive:
- A free ticket to a session you’re not working
- An exclusive Vessel Beer Festival volunteer T-shirt in your size
- A free meal and a pint at the festival
- Exclusive invite to our volunteer party in Plymouth in January 2020
- Valuable experience of working in the beer industry
- Be part of making our second festival a success! Chatting to and working alongside fellow beer lovers and brewers.
We will require volunteers to take on various positions during each session. These roles include welcoming/ticketing for festival goers, selling beer tokens, cleaning/tidying the space and pouring the beers.
You will be required to do at least one of the following shifts:
- Friday 29 November — 16:30 to 23:00
- Saturday 30 November — 10:00 to 16:30
- Saturday 30 November — 16:30 to 23:00
Set up and close down
If you would prefer to help out behind the scenes, we will require volunteers to help get the venue ready on Thursday 28 November and Friday 29 November. This will involve a range of duties including moving equipment and beer around the building, so some of the tasks may be physically challenging. Similarly, we will need volunteers to close down the festival on the Sunday 1 December.
Terms and Conditions
You must be 18 or over on the first day of the festival.
All volunteers must be available for a briefing on the evening of either Wednesday 20 November or Thursday 21 November at Vessel Beer Shop.
Please do not drink on your shift. If you are working on a bar then tasters of what you’re pouring is reasonable, but don’t overdo it – you have a free session to take advantage of the beer selection in larger quantities. Anyone found drinking during their shift will be asked to leave and will lose their volunteer benefits.
How to apply
Please email email@example.com with the following details:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Telephone number
- Any relevant skills you have to help us assign roles
- Sessions available to work
- Free session preferences. We will endeavour to give you a ticket for your preferred session, but we can only allocate a limited number of free tickets per session.
- T-shirt size
If you volunteered last year (thank you!) you can just drop us an email to say you’d like to volunteer again, and your preferred shift, and we’ll use the rest of the information you previously sent us.